Teaching page of British Soprano, Sarah Leonard
Sarah enjoys teaching singing very much. Over the past twenty years she has developed her skills with the help of several master teachers. She has participated in many courses about current research into healthy vocalizing. She is gaining a reputation for developing the voices of young professionals and adult amateur singers Her diagnostic skills are accurate and her pupils develop quickly. Lessons are fun and full of technical and musical information.
Her qualifications include: -
- •GGSM Guildhall School of Music and Drama 1971 – 1976.
- •PGDipMtpp Reading University 2003 – 2005. Post- graduate diploma.
- •Music Teaching in Professional Practice.
- •Integrated Voice Certificate of Vocal Fundamentals with Gillyanne Kayes and Jeremy Fisher 2007 www.vocalprocess.co.uk
- •Estill Voice System Levels 1 & 2. 2005 & 2012 with Paul Farrington and Anne - Marie Speed. www.thevoiceexplained.com
- •Estill Advanced Figures and Voice Qualities Course July 2014 with Anne-Marie Speed and Paul Farrington.
- •Awarded Honorary Doctor of Music from Hull University for her services to music January 2013.
- •Janice Chapman Training in Classical Voice. GSM&D 2017
Sarah teaches singing at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama www.cssd.ac.uk on the BA (Hon) Acting Musical Theatre Course, at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge, and in her private studio at home, where she welcomes both keen amateurs and young professionals.
Sarah regularly visits Benslow Music in Hertfordshire, giving three workshop courses a year with pianist Stephen Gutman. www.benslowmusic.org.
”Marvellous tutors. Both Sarah and Stephen have great patience and sensitivity, as well as expertise”
She has also taught on Summer Schools at The City Lit and COMA, and at The East Anglia Summer School. www.operadacamera.co.uk.
Sarah has given master classes at Trinity Laban, working with both composers and singers, Morley College, Birkbeck College, Hull University and the Leeds Lieder+ workshops for young composers.
- •A member of AOTOS, The Association of Teachers of Singing
- •A member of the British Voice Association, (BVA)
- •Chairman of The Association of English Singers and Speakers (AESS)
Sarah welcomes enquiries for singing lessons from young professionals and keen amateurs. Please use the contact page.